|Amethyst:||Wards the nightmare|
|Alder:||Wards the unseen|
|Ash:||Wards the dead|
|Bay:||wards the lightning|
|Birch:||wards the evil eye|
|Blackthorn:||wards the forceful|
|Fire:||wards the wandering|
|Hawthorn:||wards the cunning|
|Iron:||wards the Fair Folk|
|Jasper:||wards the trickster|
|Lobelia:||wards the storm|
|Magnolia:||wards the unfaithful|
|Mirror:||wards the spell|
|Mistletoe:||wards the flame|
|Rowan:||wards the magician|
|Silver:||wards the lurking|
|Salt:||wards the spirit|
|Snail Shell:||wards the witch|
“The theory of the blue colouring of Krishna goes to the fact that the Creator has given the maximum of blue to nature i.e. the sky, the oceans, the rivers and lakes. The deity who has the qualities of bravery, manliness, determination, the ability to deal with difficult situations, of stable mind and depth of character is represented as blue
I am the world’s worst “hippie” when it comes to drinking tea and using natural items like beets to dye my eggs for Ostara/Easter.
I don’t do it.
This year I am going to put those many packets of Sugar Free Kool-Aid I have to good use and am trying this!
All you need is one packed of Kool-Aid and 2/3 cups of water per color. It’s recommended that if you are using yellow lemonade to put a little bit of orange with it.
I noticed my youngest playing with a rock bigger than my hand, and when I looked at it I realized she was playing with a piece of pure Crystal Quartz.
It looks red and dirty because we live in Georgia where we have a ton of red clay.
Just sharing some of the picks from my Ostara altar.
The day after doing my ritual it actually felt like a spring day, I got all excited then I found out it was supposed to be snowing this weekend. Oh the joys!
Hope everyone else had a great equinox.
gorgeous and fresh <3 love it
Contrary to popular belief, black candles doesn’t mean “dark magic” (I hate that term anyway). It is used by some in conjunction with magic involves binding and the dead, but if you are performing a new moon esbat ritual, or if you want to protect something, there is no better candle for it.
White = purification, black = protection or banishing.
Also, black candles are ridiculous expensive if you are buying them outside of the Samhain season, so I would recommend saving up $5 around then and buying some black tealights (they come in packs of 8 at Walmart for less than a dollar). That should hold you off for the year.
A few days ago I mentioned the ditch incident, and the elder gentleman who pulled me out. Well, it turns out that yes, the car died. So, today we got a new one, because we live in rural Georgia with no transportation of any kind.
I made one for my old car, but I did it years previously and I…
wimsatmid9 asked: I am new to the craft and I read it somewhere that I should copy a senior's BoS, do I really need to do that?
No no not at all! You develop your own book of shadows with your own findings and beliefs and such. I think a book of shadows is a personal thing with the exception of covens.
Wow, that last spread post snowballed fast O.o In celebration, let me show you…. yet another spread I made up XD (This one is older by a few months. Also, if you detect a theme with these two spreads, I may have a prize for the first person to guess it ^_^ Nothing too big, but a spread of your choice done with a deck of your choice.)
This one, as my charmingly crap Paint picture says, is the one I call the Trollbridge, or the Trollway. It is designed to show you the beginning of a journey, the stuff in the middle, and the end (i.e., the beginning, the end, and the bridge that connects these outcomes). The Troll comes into play (a la 3 Billy Goats Gruff) as the card that menaces you. Doesn’t matter how nice it appears; that’s the card that is going to try and put a stop to your bridgewalking.
Spread can be used at least two ways; one normal, one a sort of witchy hybrid.
Method 1- for use with or without a question
- Deal the cards facedown in an arc in an arc, 1 through 5 (you certainly can deal more for a more detailed look, or less. I’m comfortable with 5 so that’s the amount I regularly use. Bare minimum for the bridge-arc is 3 cards).
- Deal the Troll underneath, facedown.
- You can turn them over in any way you wish; all in a line, one after another, or whatever you prefer. In my case, I generally turn over the “feet” of the bridge first (1 and 5), then the bridge (2, 3, and 4), then the Troll (6). Just a personal preference.
- Interpret accordingly. The “feet” are the beginning and the end of the bridge you face. The arc is the path you either need to cross to get there, or will cross to get there. The Troll, as previously mentioned, will be doing its best to pull you off the bridge entirely. Be wary of what that card represents.
Method 2- For use with a specific question (please read entirely before doing, folks) (could also be used as a writing exercise for the plot-driven among you)
- Pick a card that represents you as you are, or the situation as it is. This card is placed face up in the #1 position. (Say, you’re having issues communicating emotionally with another; Page of Cups reversed in the number one position fits the bill nicely.)
- Pick a card that represents what you want the resolution to be. This goes faceup in the #5 position. (You want there to be a caring resolution to the whole mess, and want to be better at such communication in general; you decide Queen of Cups suits you and put her in the #5 position.)
- Now, deal the rest of the cards in, face down. (This would be #2, 3, 4, and 6, in order.) Numbers 2, 3, and 4 are what you will have to get through to reach your “happy ending”. #6, our ever lovely Troll, is what is trying to fuck you up.
- Flip 2, 3, 4, and 6. Read accordingly. (Hmm. You draw: #2, 3 of Swords, #3, The Devil, #4, The Tower. Jealousy, blindness (possibly with carnal overtones), and complete destruction of what you though was stable. Your Troll is 7 of Cups reversed; all the possibilities and daydreams pulling you away from reality. So, you will be working very very very hard for that happy ending.)
Again, let me know if you use this spread, and if it worked ok for you ^_^
Damn, another cool spread! Will keep this in mind.